At Explore, we always begin with our mission: to foster the independence, critical thinking, and creativity of a diverse community of learners so they are fully prepared to become confident, conscientious leaders who change the world. For more information about the school, please visit www.explore.school.
We are currently seeking a part-time Music Teacher to develop and lead our elementary music program. Explore is committed to building an inclusive and supportive community of educators in which every voice is valued and we are seeking a Music Teacher who is genuinely warm and kind, thrives in an entrepreneurial culture, cares about having fun at work, has a track record of high performance, and are committed to doing whatever it takes to develop the knowledge and skills that will prepare our students for success in college and beyond.
By joining the Explore team, professionals become members of a thriving intellectual community that challenges eager educators through robust, collaborative, and engaging professional development opportunities and provides a competitive salary and benefits package, a culture in which teachers are truly valued and trusted to make decisions in the best interests of their students, and the opportunity to be an integral member of the fun and supportive team building one of Nashville’s most awesome schools. To apply, please submit your résumé and a letter of introduction to email@example.com.
- Support a positive classroom culture that promotes joy, self-discipline, and Explore’s Core Values
- Create and implement engaging whole and small-group lessons
- Teach skills in music understanding/appreciation, harmony, explorations in music and choral music
- Encourages students to develop individual musical skills to the greatest extent possible
- Evaluates each student’s musical growth, performance, and musical understanding
- Creates musical productions and shows that support the cultural development
- Incorporates global influences in music development and instruction
- Maintain close relationships with families, including phone calls, conferences, and home visits
- Commitment to Explore Community School’s mission, values, educational model, and celebration of the strengths of diversity
- Commitment to high academic achievement and to education of the whole child: academically, emotionally, socially, and physically
- Commitment to ensuring a joyful environment for students, families, and staff
- Understanding that family involvement is integral to student success
- Belief that children can make a significant contribution to the school, community, and the world
- Self-starter interested in working in a fast-paced, start-up environment that requires flexibility, commitment, and enthusiasm
- Experience in teaching music to elementary-age students
- Demonstrated ability to work with children in developmentally appropriate and kind ways
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team with a commitment to his/her own learning and professional development
- Capability to nurture students and work collaboratively with families
- College degree or currently working toward college degree with educational or musical focus
- Additional skills that enhance students’ academic experience (e.g. multi-lingual, musician, carpentry, knock-knock jokes, etc.) are highly sought