At Explore, we always begin with our mission: to foster the independence, critical thinking, and creativity of a diverse community of learners so they are fully prepared to become confident, conscientious leaders who change the world. For more information about the school, please visit www.explore.school.
Associate Teachers are instrumental in the development of Explore! Community School as they lead students to phenomenal achievements and the creation of beautiful works as well as being integral partners to the leadership in growth and decision-making processes. Associate Teachers essentially function as another teacher in the classroom under the guidance and support of Lead Teachers. Associate Teachers play a critical role in Explore’s progress towards our mission by implementing and supporting the instructional program, teaching small and whole groups, planning lessons, and providing data management and behavioral support to lead teachers and staff. Explore is committed to building an inclusive and supportive community of educators in which every voice is valued and we are seeking Associate Teachers who are genuinely warm and kind, thrive in an entrepreneurial culture, care about having fun at work, have a track record of high performance, and are committed to doing whatever it takes to develop the knowledge and skills that will prepare our students for success in college and beyond.
By joining the Explore team, professionals become members of a thriving intellectual community that challenges eager educators through robust, collaborative, and engaging professional development opportunities and provides a competitive salary and benefits package, a culture in which teachers are truly valued and trusted to make decisions in the best interests of their students, and the opportunity to be an integral member of the fun and supportive team building one of Nashville’s most awesome schools. To apply, please email your résumé and a letter of introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Support a positive classroom culture that promotes joy, self-discipline, and Explore’s Core Values
- Create and implement engaging whole and small-group lessons
- Manage students in a variety of settings (e.g. classroom, recess, lunch, field trips) to ensure a safe, supportive, and productive learning environment
- Maintain close relationships with families, including phone calls, conferences, and home visits
- Support lead teachers in grading, data entry and analysis, attendance, and other tasks
- Commitment to Explore Community School’s mission, values, educational model, and celebration of the strengths of diversity
- Commitment to high academic achievement and to education of the whole child: academically, emotionally, socially, and physically
- Commitment to ensuring a joyful environment for students, families, and staff
- Understanding that family involvement is integral to student success
- Belief that children can make a significant contribution to the school, community, and the world
- Self-starter interested in working in a fast-paced, start-up environment that requires flexibility, commitment, and enthusiasm
- Experience in teaching small groups in math and literacy
- Demonstrated ability to work with children in developmentally appropriate and kind ways
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team with a commitment to his/her own learning and professional development
- Capability to nurture students and work collaboratively with families
- College degree or currently working toward college degree with educational focus
- Additional skills that enhance students’ academic experience (e.g. multi-lingual, musician, carpentry, knock-knock jokes, etc.) are highly sought